- Pianists applying for an Accompanying Assistantship should upload a recording by January 15, 2024, to the box folder with the repertoire requirements listed below.
- Email MusicAdmissions@illinois.edu with:
- A list of pieces or movements that you plan to play to be considered for the assistantship.
- Your availability for a follow-up interview on either February 2nd, 3rd, 9th, or 10th (2023-2024 audition dates).
Please note that we can only offer auditions for students who meet the School of Music English proficiency requirements. Applicants who wish to be considered for a teaching assistantship must take a proficiency examination, even if they qualify for an English Proficiency Waiver. The University of Illinois Graduate College requires international teaching assistants to show English proficiency; this is best demonstrated with a speaking section score of 24 or higher on the TOEFL, or a score of 8 or higher on the IELTS.
- 1. A solo movement of the applicant’s choice (memorization not required).
- 2. One movement from any string sonata or chamber work by Beethoven or Brahms.
NOTE: Applicants who are interviewing virtually should have access to a piano or 88-note keyboard and a printer or device to read music as sight-reading will be required during the follow-up interview.