Private lessons are available for all University of Students, regardless of major, based on capacity. In most cases, lessons are taught by teaching assistants in the School of Music and participation in weekly studio classes may be an option.
Note that enrollment in private lessons requires additional fee of $400 for 30-minute lessons (2 credits) and $800 for 50-minute lessons (3-4 credits), per semester.
Please contact the appropriate applied faculty for more information:
- Voice Lessons: Voice
- Instrument Lessons: Flute (full), Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, Saxophone, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
- Jazz Lessons: Jazz Saxophone, Jazz Trombone, Jazz Trumpet, Jazz Guitar, Jazz Bass, Jazz Drums, Jazz Voice, Jazz Piano
- Percussion Lessons: Percussion
- Keyboard Lessons: Piano, Harpsichord, Organ
- String Lessons*: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Harp, Guitar, Electric Strings
*Students interested in string lessons should apply before the first day of classes if interested in lessons for that semester.