Registration Forms and Petitions

Registration Forms and Petitions

Cognates  information relating to the requirement to select an area of study outside of the major area.

Course Restriction Override Form – use when attempting to register in a restricted music course. Please follow the steps outlined in the form.

Graduate College (GC) 599 – Graduate College (GC) 599 is a 0 credit hour registration option for advanced doctoral students who must maintain full-time enrollment to defer student loans but do not have tuition waivers.

Request for Academic Leave of Absence – use when requesting permission for a leave of absence (up to one academic year) from graduate studies.

“In absentia” Registration Form – “In absentia” registration is designed for students who wish or need to remain registered, but plan to be studying or doing research for at least one semester at least 50 miles away from campus.

Late Registration / Course Change Form – use when requesting a change to your current schedule after the 10th day of class.

Provisional Approval of Research Topic and Permission to Enroll in MUS 528B – use for approval to register in MUS 528B. Please place this completed form, with faculty signatures, in the MUS 528B Instructor’s mailbox during the semester prior to the desired enrollment term and no later than one month before the start of the semester in which the class runs. The Academic Affairs Office will notify students of their registration status.

Professional Internship (MUS 459) & Curricular Practical Training (CPT) – students seeking to earn academic credit for an internship experience should review the documents contained on the SoM Internship site.

School of Music Internal Petition – use when requesting a course substitution, alternate cognate, etc. Please note, that petitions for an exception to the School of Music curriculum should be submitted in the semester prior to the desired term in which the exception is being sought.

Graduate College Petition – use when requesting a policy or deadline exception.

Graduate Application – Students wishing to petition for re-entry or change curriculums should submit a Graduate College Application.

Cookie Settings