Recording in Krannert
Procedures and rates for Students and Faculty to record in the Great Hall or other Krannert Space.
A recording space can be reserved by contacting Andrew Almeter, Events Coordinator at email@example.com.
In order to reserve the space, the following info is needed:
- Dates, Times or hours needed for recording.
- Piano needs. The piano has to be reserved separately and a tuning has to be arranged for by the recording artist by contacting John Minor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-778-8904.
- The name of the recording engineer. Each Artist is responsible for contacting and arranging for their recording engineer. Engineers most frequently used are Frank Horger (email@example.com; 419-1689), Alec LaBau (firstname.lastname@example.org; 244-9899) or Rick Scholwin (email@example.com; 300-2154). If an outside engineer is used; they need to email Rick Scholwin prior to the recording in the space.
- Who is paying for the recording: Artist by personal check, SOM, etc.
- What is the Artist's affiliation with the University of Illinois (faculty, student, alumni), if any.
Once dates are selected, the reservation will be confirmed in writing and by contract. The Artist needs to sign and return the contract 2 weeks prior to the recording date. An invoice will be mailed with a contract, and students must prepay for their time. Non-students can pay once the recording is complete, the invoice and payment need to be mailed together to the Business office address on the invoice.
If using either Alec LaBau or Rick Scholwin for recording engineer, a separate invoice will be sent once the recording and editing process is complete.
On the day of recording you will have 1 hour for setup and 1 hour for teardown. Setups cannot be left overnight unless recording the next day and there are no other events listed.
Recording/Hall Rental Rates
Updated 5/13/18 for Fall 2018
KCPA Recording Hall:
$150 flat fee for 6-8hrs
$100 flat fee for 2-6
School of Music Faculty
KCPA Recording Hall
$250 Flat fee for 6-8 hrs
$175 for 2-6 hours
Non-University Artist or Groups: Commercial and Non-Commercial
KCPA Recording Hall
$600 flat fee for 6-8hrs
$450 flat fee for 2-6hrs
$110 fee for piano per day