The Intermediate/Advanced Music Technology program is designed for students who are already actively using music technology software, and who are interested and passionate about the wider world of contemporary software tools and techniques for making electronic music. In addition to DAW-based work, students will also learn introductory audio coding techniques using free audio programming languages, such as Sonic Pi and SuperCollider. Over the course of the program, students will compose a new electronic composition to be presented in concert at the end of the week.
Intermediate / Advanced Music Technology
- For students completing grades 8-12.
- Students must bring a personal laptop computer (macOS or Windows) with their preferred DAW software installed.
- Students must have the ability to download and install additional free audio software on their personal computers.
- Headphones will be provided, but students are welcome and encouraged to bring their own headphones, as well as other relevant hardware, such as MIDI controllers.
- Students should make their past creative work shareable, e.g. via Soundcloud, Spotify, or some other online service that facilitates music sharing.