Sunday, November 12, 2023
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
500 S. Goodwin Ave
Urbana, IL 61801
- Bass Day is open to all bass players from grade 7 through college.
- All bassists are welcome. Including those interested in jazz bass or classical bass.
- Electric bass players are welcome.
Sessions will cover topics of interest to all bass players. Topics will include practice techniques, career advice, improvisation, and more. Master classes are offered in both classical and jazz. Be sure to indicate your interest on the registration form. Sessions will include:
- Orchestra excerpts class
- Audition preparation
- Solo bass masterclass, classical and jazz
- Jazz foundations pizzicato techniques sound production relation to recordings
- Walking bass developing knowledge of tunes and relating walking styles to recorded history
- Solo conceptions for the jazz bassist
- Electric bass techniques and approaches
9:30-10:00 AM – Arrival and Check-in | Krannert Center, Level 2
10:00-10:45 Opening session with Larry and Kris | ORR
10:45-11:45 First classical or jazz session
11:45-1:00 Lunch on your own
1:15-2:15 PM Second Sessions
2:30-3:30 Third Sessions
3:45-4:45 Closing Session (all together)
Directions and Parking
- Sessions will take place in the Orchestra Rehearsal Room and Choral Rehearsal Room located on Level 2 of Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
- Parking inside the Krannert decks is free and open to the public on Sundays.
- From any parking area, make your way by elevators to level 2.
- Check-in will be just outside the Orchestra Rehearsal Room.