Illinois String Academy
Stephen Fairbanks, Music Education
The Illinois String Academy (ISA) offers many exciting options for string players of all ages. They include:
–Private lessons for the violin, viola, cello and double bass
–Group classes for string players, preschool through 8th grade and beyond
–Our acclaimed Pre-College Chamber Music Program
–Classes and private tutoring in music theory, ear-training, and composition
COVID-19 UPDATE: The Illinois String Academy will resume in-person instruction in the Fall 2021 semester. We will share safety protocols and guidelines with students and their families via email. We are accepting new students and offering free trials.
Please contact us directly at email@example.com or by phone through the Office of Public Engagment at (217) 300-6444. An introductory consultation and/or trial lesson may be scheduled free of charge.
ISA Mission Statement
Since 2011, students, parents and teachers of the Illinois String Academy have worked together to create a fun and rewarding environment for children and young adults to pursue their musical endeavors. We are proud of our accomplishments so far and in looking to the future, we have developed a mission statement to guide our decisions and reaffirm our commitment to excellence.
The mission of the Illinois String Academy (ISA) is
1. to provide a musically enriching, inclusive and challenging environment that nurtures the maximum potential of each child, regardless of their future goals and ambitions;
2. to lay a strong technical and musical foundation for each student;
3. to offer opportunities for collaboration to students at all levels in the form of group classes, ensembles and performances;
4. to employ highly skilled instructors who are passionate about working with youth;
5. to offer opportunities for development and pedagogical training for ISA teachers and University of Illinois string majors.