Talent Requirements for Application
The Music + option does not require an audition or portfolio. Students are welcome to submit additional optional materials. Suggested materials include:
- A writing sample from a recent class or project that reflects your interests. This sample should address your goals and career aspirations as it relates to the Music+ option.
- A YouTube video (example of your work, video essay, musicianship, etc).
- SoundCloud page or Demo CD.
- Any marketing/promotional materials you’ve created.
- Any other materials that you think showcase work you’ve done in your interest area.
About Bachelor of Arts, Music +
The Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Music is a 120-hour degree that is designed for students who wish to pursue a music degree with curricular flexibility to complete coursework in secondary and complementary areas of study. The BA in Music requires students to select a specific area of study, called an “option.” Music+ allows students to combine unique, interdisciplinary fields of study with our core Bachelor of Arts in Music curriculum requirements.
- Music+ Business
- Music+ Psychology
- Music+ Kinesiology
- Music+ Media
- Music+ Communications
- Music+ Administrative Arts
- Music+ Recording Arts
- Music+ Popular Arts
Email us if you have ideas or questions about other potential options not listed here.