1. Complete the University Application, including the following materials:
• Transcripts from every institution from which you have earned a degree
• Three (3) Letters of Reference
• Personal Statement
• Resume or C.V.
• DMA applicants only: Upload one sample of your scholarly writing about music (e.g., program notes or a research paper from a music theory/analysis, music history or composition class)
Additional Program Specific Requirements:
• Conducting/Choral Music
• Music Education (MME, MME + Licensure, PhD)
• Piano Pedagogy
• Vocal Accompanying and Coaching
2. Complete an audition. Please note that prescreening requirements vary by instrument areas/concentrations. All prescreening requirements are outlined on the audition requirements page (if applicable). Composition, Music Education, and Musicology degree-seeking applicants do not complete an audition.
Additional requirements for non-native English speakers.
September 1: Application for Fall 2022 term opens
December 1: Application Deadline (for all programs except Summer-Only MME)
December 1: Prescreening deadline. Programs that require prescreening include: conducting (orchestral, wind band, and choral), flute, saxophone, and voice
January 15: Deadline to upload audition recording (for applicants who are submitting a video audition in lieu of a live audition).
March 1-15: Admissions decision sent
March 15 - April 15: Notification of merit-based financial aid sent
April 15: Deadline to submit intent to enroll