1. Complete the University Application, including the following materials:
• Transcripts from every institution from which you have earned a degree
• Three (3) Letters of Reference
• Personal Statement
• Resume or C.V.
• DMA applicants only: Upload one sample of your scholarly writing about music (e.g., program notes or a research paper from a music theory/analysis, music history or composition class)
Additional Program Specific Requirements:
• Conducting/Choral Music
• Music Education (MME, MME + Licensure, PhD)
• Piano Pedagogy
• Vocal Accompanying and Coaching
2. Complete an audition. Prescreening is only required for conducting applicants. Applicants to Composition, Music Education, and Musicology degrees do not complete an audition.
Additional requirements for non-native English speakers.
September 1: Application for Fall 2022 term opens
December 1: Application Deadline (for all programs except Summer-Only MME)
January 15: Deadline to upload audition recording (for applicants who are submitting a video audition in lieu of a live audition).
March 1-15: Admissions decision sent
March 15 - April 15: Notification of merit-based financial aid sent
April 15: Deadline to submit intent to enroll