The winners of the 2022 Salvatore Martirano Memorial Composition Award have been announced.
The winners of the 2022 Salvatore Martirano Memorial Composition Award have been announced. They are:
- Timothy Roy, dans les dents de la guivre for harp, multichannel electronics, and lighting (First Prize)
- Emre Sihan Kaleli, Adjacent rooms, a part of a labyrinth for chamber ensemble (Second Prize)
- Tomasz Skweres, Event Horizon for chamber ensemble (Third Prize)
The winners will be invited to hear their works performed on the annual Salvatore Martirano Concert by the Illinois Modern Ensemble on September 29, 2022 (date updated).
The jury for 2022 consisted of:
- David Rosenboom (Composer-Performer and Roy E. Disney Family Chair in Musical Composition at The Herb Alpert School of Music, California Institute of the Arts)
- Elizabeth McNutt (Flutist and Principal Lecturer at UNT College of Music, and Director of the Nova Ensemble and Director of Sounds Modern)
- Reynold Tharp (Composer and Director of Graduate Studies and Associate Professor of Composition-Theory at the University of Illinois)
The winners were selected from a pool of well over 300 entries from composers across the globe.
Read more about the Award and about Prof. Martirano.