Talent Requirements for Application
- Portfolio: Applicants must submit an online portfolio that demonstrates their experience and readiness in Computer Science + Music. The portfolio should include a Table of Contents, as a Word doc or pdf document, which will include a listing of all online materials included in the portfolio. Each item should be listed with:
- date(s) the content was created
- detailed description of the portfolio item (who was involved in the project, instruments/hardware/software utilized, why the item is significant, and any other noteworthy information)
- web link to the content itself (e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox, your own personal webspace, or another public hosting service). Items presented in the portfolio may include, but are not limited to: audio files, video files, digital image files, text or pdf documents, programming code, websites you’ve designed, engineering schematics or diagrams, etc.
- Interview: Applicants will participate in a 20-minute interview with members of the Composition, Theory & Technology faculty. Interview topics will include applicant’s musical background, educational interests, professional goals, and an ear training and musicianship diagnostic evaluation (intervals, scales, chord qualities, etc). Applicants will also have the opportunity to ask the faculty questions.
About Bachelor of Science, Computer Science & Music
This degree will prepare students for advanced study at the graduate level for many existing programs on music and audio technology, as well as equip them with the proper skills to successfully join and lead a vibrant workforce community centered around the creation and distribution of entertainment media through constantly evolving technological platforms. The CS + Music curriculum provides a broad knowledge of the theory, design, and application of computer systems integrated with the theory, history, and application of music. The curriculum is formed around courses in music, mathematics, science, and computation. Strong math and science skills are strongly recommended for student success in this program.
Prospective Students are welcome to visit the CS+Music Discord server to connect with current students and ask questions about the program.