Viola Audition Requirements
UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS (BM, BME)
1. One etude.
2. Two movements from Bach Sonatas, Partitas, or Suites.
3. First movement of a concerto (or comparable virtuoso work).
4. One work in a contrasting style to the above.
Undergraduate applicants who would like to submit a recorded audition should follow the steps outlined here: recorded audition. All students who submit a recorded audition will have a virtual interview with the faculty on one of the auditions dates. Applicants can select their date preference on their supplemental music form.
Applicants for the M.M. degree must play a first movement of a standard concerto; two movements from Bach solo suites, sonatas, or partitas; and two additional contrasting works.
Applicants for the D.M.A. degree must play the following:
1. A complete Bach solo suite, sonata, or partita - performed by memory.
2. A complete major concerto - performed by memory.
3. A major work of contrasting style to the above.
Graduate applicants who would like to submit a recorded audition should upload the audition directly to their Graduate College application. Graduate applicants who submit a recorded audition will also register for a virtual interview with the faculty on one of the audition dates. Applicants can register for their interview after submitting the Graduate College application.