Standards of Conduct
The following Standards of Conduct are expected for all participants in Public Engagement programs of the School of Music. This includes, but is not limited to Illinois Summer Youth Music, Illinois String Academy, Piano Laboratory Program, High School Orchestra Clinic, and Illinois Summer Harp Class.
For the safety and well being of all students attending Fine + Applied Arts Summer Programs, the following STANDARDS OF CONDUCT will be in effect during the program. Students in violation of these regulations risk being sent home.
1. Students participating in any FAA summer program are expected to attend all instructional classes and activities, and to exhibit proper behavior in all campus facilities – academic, residential, dining, and recreational.
2. All program participants must cooperate with University staff in the performance of their duties, and respect the care of University facilities. No cleats or skates are to be worn in any University building.
3. All participants must occupy the rooms to which they are assigned. Security and contact with students in case of emergency make this essential.
4. All resident participants are required to report to all scheduled head-checks and to remain on their floor after curfew. Students must be in their assigned rooms. Running in corridors and stairwells, loud and disruptive behavior, and the playing of electronic devices at unreasonable levels are not allowed in the residence hall.
5. Program participants must leave the residential facility in response to fire alarms or other emergency situations at the direction of the facility or program personnel.
6. All University buildings are smoke-free. No smoking will be permitted in any indoor spaces, including classrooms, studios and dormitories.
7. There is to be no co-educational visitation in the residence halls. Under no circumstances should any participant enter an apartment or suite of someone of the opposite sex.
8. The use of illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages is not allowed while attending the program. Students found to be in violation of this regulation will be sent home.
9. Firearms and weapons of any type and toys that resemble them are strictly prohibited; illegal gambling is strictly prohibited. Students found to be in violation of this regulation will be sent home.
10. Individuals will be charged for vandalism, lost keys, and non-returned meal cards. The student is responsible for keeping the room door locked. Any damage costs incurred in individual rooms will be charged to the occupants of those rooms. An inspection is made when rooms are vacated. Posters, memo boards, staples, or nails may not be used on dorm doors and furniture may not be removed from rooms or public spaces. Parents/guardians are responsible for loss, property damage, induced accident or injury, costs of mischievous fire alarms, and other expenses incurred by the student while attending an FAA summer program.