New Grad Student Information
Fall 2021 Entrance Exam Schedule and Study Guides
Entrance Exam Schedule
Wednesday, August 18, 7-10 PM, 1030 Music Building (Music Building Auditorium): music theory (includes score reading)
Thursday, August 19, 11 AM - 12 PM, 1030 Music Building (Music Building Auditorium): musicianship
Students are strongly encouraged to study and thoroughly prepare for the entrance exams. Failing one or more sections of the entrance exams may delay the sequencing of required academic coursework and thus slow down the progression to degree completion, in particular the DMA. Registration is required by Friday, July 30 at 4 PM. Register here: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/1453774537
New Student Orientation
Orientation for new grad students will be held in 1030 Music Building (Music Building Auditorium), Thursday, August 19, from 1 to 4 PM.
All new graduate students must submit original, final transcripts to Music Admissions as soon as possible. The final transcript must display the degree name and conferral date. Students who do not submit final transcripts from previously attended institutions will have a hold placed on their account and will be blocked from registering for the spring term.
Please submit final transcripts to:
Dr. Angela Tammen
1114 West Nevada Street
Urbana, IL 61801 USA
- Quick Guide (important!) - 10 quick and essential steps to help you get everything in place.
- Registration Tutorial – click here to learn how to register for fall classes using Enhanced Registration.
- Fall Ensemble Auditions – coming in August!
- Domestic (US Citizens) Students: If you are eligible for need-based aid (e.g. student loans), your loans will disburse after you are registered for classes.
- International Students: Please review important information for Pre-Arrival Planning and Check-In with the International Student and Scholars Services Office (ISSS). Until you complete the requirements for ISSS, your registration hold will not be lifted.