Health and Safety for Musicians
The health and wellness of student musicians is an essential priority of the School of Music. From preventing performance injuries to developing positive mental health, the University and School cultivates healthy practices. Below are some of the resources available to students at the School of Music:
• Speech-Language Pathology Clinic: provides highly individualized treatment including voice diagnostic and therapeutic services.
• Audiology Clinic: provides complete audiological assessments, and custom hearing protectors ideal for musicians.
• UI Wellness Center: mental health counselors available to music students in music facilities
• Performing Arts Medicine Program: free injury evaluation, rehabilitation services, and injury prevention tips offered by Carle Sports Medicine clinic.
• McKinley Health Center: provides around-the-clock physical and mental health services free of charge to students.
For more resources offered on campus, please click here.