Adding a Music degree
Current UIUC students who are interested in adding or transferring to a degree in the School of Music should follow the application steps and timeline outlined below.
1. Contact the Music Admissions office and include the following information:
• Legal Name
• Email Address
• Date of Birth
• Degree Interest (ie. Music Minor)
• Current Year and Major at the University of Illinois
2. Complete the Supplemental Music Application (once this has been created for you by the Music Admissions office - you will receive email verification).
3. Complete an audition and/or program specific requirements
4. Complete Music Theory Diagnostic Exam
5. Contact Music Admissions to complete final paperwork
SPRING term: Apply by December 15; Audition by January 15
FALL term: Apply by April 15; Audition by May 1
*All final paperwork must be completed no later than the 10th day of the term that you wish to add the degree